Image Map

Saturday, March 23, 2013

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups


Okay, I'll admit it. My kids are hooked on treats. I have no idea where they get it from (definitely not from me.....!) but they are in love with the sweet stuff. They ask for it after every meal, and usually in between....and I'm pretty sure they would eat candy for breakfast if I let them. Certainly it has nothing to do with the fact that I bribe Nora to sit in the cart by giving her suckers (?)



Anyway.... it was no surprise when Greta asked for a treat after lunch the other day....or when she pulled out her Halloween bag (yes, we still have Halloween candy)....and pulled out the remaining few pieces to choose from. What was a surprise was the fact that she had a white chocolate Kit Kat sitting there, uneaten, this late in the game! (By this point, I have long since given up on raiding their Halloween candy since I assume all the good stuff has been claimed...)


What was even more of a surprise was the look of disgust on Greta's face when I pointed it out to her and told her she should try it.....like "WHY WOULD I WANT TO TRY THAT WHEN I COULD HAVE THIS KRABBY PATTY INSTEAD!??" Well, Greta.....let me tell you why. Because white chocolate is divine.


Chocolate covered pretzels? Eh. White chocolate covered pretzels? Divine. Regular M&M's? Okay. White Chocolate M&M's? Divine! Chocolate peanut butter cups? Good. White chocolate peanut butter cups? You get the point. These babies are divine.


Now, some you die-hard chocolate lovers might disagree. Clearly my sugar-loving kids do! But that's okay....it just means more for me!

I'll consider it my pre-Easter Easter treat.
What about you? What's your favorite Easter treat??



White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
2 c. peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1/2 c. (1 stick) melted butter
2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 bag (12 oz) white chocolate M&M's
1 bag (12 oz) white chocolate chips (pick up 2 bags if you really love white chocolate)
64 small cupcake liners & mini muffin pan

1. Prepare mini muffin pans with liners (makes 64).
2. Mix peanut butter, butter, sugars & vanilla until well blended.    
3. Crush 3/4 c. white chocolate M&M's (I used a food processor) and fold them into peanut butter mixture.
4. Press 1 Tbsp. mixture into each muffin cup.   
5. Melt chocolate chips (half at a time) and top each cup with 1 tsp. white chocolate and one of the remaining M&M's.
6. Chill until firm. Store in refrigerator or freezer.

Enjoy!! 



Looking for another tempting Easter treat? Check out my Malted Milk Fudge!


 

Thanks or taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling!
I hope you feel right at home :)
-Cathy 

29 comments :

  1. Yummy!!!! I have been dreaming about these since being at your house. You jerk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I have about a million of them....happy to share :)

      Delete
  2. These do look delicious. I'd be willing to try them. As a rule, white chocolate isn't my favorite. I usually give it to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do usually give it to me....which I appreciate! But you will have to try these - the peanut butter might make you love the white chocolate :)

      Delete
  3. Wow and yum! Will certainly be giving these a go, and it looks as though from Lisa's comment above that they are a winner! Take care. Chel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely a winning recipe....and really easy, too! I hope you give them a try, Chel!

      Delete
  4. These are just so cute! Love the pastels and what a winning flavor combo! Silly me - I didn't even know there was such thing as white chocolate M&M's - where have I been? I must find those! Thanks so much for sharing.
    Resa ~ Pitcher and Plate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! White chocolate M&M's are so delicious....but kind of hard to find. I got mine at Target (our grocery store doesn't carry them).

      Delete
  5. These look like something to add to my baking list!
    www.cakeandvodka.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! They take no time at all and will last forever :) Thanks for stopping by, Teresa!

      Delete
  6. OH YUMMY! I so want to take a bite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i'm gonna have to make these and eat them all myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am visiting you via The Dedicated House. These look delicious. It would be wonderful to see you at My Dream Canvas. I am hosting a Giveaway, so please join in if you like what you see:) Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These looks so good - I would love to have one (or a dozen). My hubby loves peanut butter anything so these would be a special Easter treat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are too pretty to eat. Although I might just have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness! These look amazing! I am not a huge chocolate person, but white chocolate, sign me up! I would love for you to share this at what i am eating http://www.townsend-house.com/2013/03/what-i-am-eating_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, what a perfect combo, PB and white chocolate! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These looks SO delicious, but they're also SUPER cute! Thanks for linking this up to Monday Funday!

    Kelly @ View ALong the Way
    www.viewalongtheway.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think these could easily become my favorite Easter treat!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party. I look forward to seeing what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look heavenly, especially when I LOVE white chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this on the Freedom Friday blog hop and had to take a look. They do sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cathy! These look SO GOOD!!! I'm pinning and following you now! I love your blog! Come stop by my blog if you get a chance! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!

    Best,
    Jen @ Yummy. Healthy. Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are adorable, I hope to make these soon. Hope you will check us out too! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm always on the lookout for White Chocolate treats as my oldest daughter doesn't like traditional chocolate. I'll be pinning!

    Lori
    Whoneedsacape.com
    Not Your Average Super Moms!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love this as a post-Easter treat! YUMMY! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party. I hope you come visit & link again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look so good! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...