Image Map

Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankfulness Turkey Wreath

turkey_feather_wreath.jpg
 
Thanksgiving is in 3 days....can you even believe it? I suppose I should start pulling out some recipes! Ha! But before I do that, I just want to share one little tip with you: Save the feathers!!


 
That's right...the thankfulness turkey feathers you've been writing on for the past few weeks? Save them! They make a great, instant wreath for next year!

Start with a styrofoam wreath (I got mine in the $1 section at Target.) Grab some yarn in the color of your choice:

 
Wrap the yarn around the wreath and attach last year's feathers with pins:
 
 
Tie a ribbon around your finished wreath and display...proudly!

Because not only did you get your kids to put in writing a bunch of things they are thankful for...you also kept track of it all for an entire year!! And that's no small feat :)

 
 
 
 


Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling!
I hope you feel right at home :)
-Cathy

2 comments :

  1. What a great idea! Need to put on the list of "to-do's" for the Voigt family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I made something similar to this with leaves this Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing at Take a Look Tuesday. I chose it as a Reader Feature!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...