Image Map

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mulled Cranberry-Orange Sangria

 
Have you ever noticed how drinking something warm makes you feel....well....just better? It's the reason I love my coffee in the morning, my green tea at night, warm cider on a crisp Fall day, hot chocolate after playing in the snow, and mulled sangria pretty much....anytime!?


Although we are currently having a heat wave here in Wisconsin, I know the cold weather is just around the corner. As are the holidays...which brings back delicious memories of a warm cranberry wine I made for Thanksgiving last year. Mmmmmmmmmm.
So when I saw that cranberries had made their seasonal visit back to the produce section, I had to pick some up.


I got to thinking: Is it possible to make the delicious wine from last year even better??

Well, that's easy. Of course! Just add booze:)


Mulled Cranberry-Orange Sangria
1 1/2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
4 whole cloves
3 cups dry red wine (I used a Shiraz-Cabernet blend)
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup orange liqueur (I used Triple Sec)
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
orange slices

In a medium saucepan, combine cranberry juice, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in red wine, brandy, orange liqueur, and cranberries. Bring to a simmer. Serve warm.

I decided to refrigerate mine (like you would sangria) to let the flavors develop.


I served it a few days later....but I've since discovered that it's just as good right off the stove top.





Oops! Where are the oranges??



Delicious. Better than last year.




Oops! All gone :)



Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling!
I hope you feel right at home :)
-Cathy

15 comments :

  1. I didn't honestly think it could be better than last year, but IT WAS! So good. Beautiful pictures too, Cath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!! And I'm with you - last year seemed hard to beat. Amazing what alcohol can do, huh? :)

      Delete
  2. Looks so yummy, Cathy! Why wasn't I invited to the tasting? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Meaghan...you are ALWAYS invited to the tasting!! I'd be more than happy to make it again - especially if it means you're coming over :)

      Delete
  3. That looks wonderful! I actually have a bag of fresh cranberries in my fridse...Super idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori Ann - Yes! It is a great use for your fresh cranberries...I promise! Thanks for checking it out...and cheers to a tall glass of wine! :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like it tastes delicious! I have just recently become a sangria fan, but I think this is a definite must try! Thanks so much for sharing :) I found you via Sugar Bee Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops- this was supposed to be sent to you:

      Hi Hilary! Thanks for finding me! I, too, am a recent sangria fan and this one is perfect for cooler weather. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. Hi Hilary! Thanks for finding me! I, too, am a recent sangria fan and this one is perfect for cooler weather. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks soo good! My girlfriends and I are always experimenting with different sangria variations, and this is right up our alley. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    I would love it if you would link up at Martha Mondays, open tonight at midnight through Wednesday night!

    http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2012/11/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features.html

    ~Amanda
    www.watchoutmartha.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! You should definitely try it...and I'd love to check out any of your variations! A girl can never have too many options! :)

      I'll be sure to link up tomorrow - love the name of your blog :)

      Delete
  7. Looks yummy! I'd love for you to link this up to Do Something Crafty Friday: http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/11/do-something-craft-65/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This looks like a great winter drink. Especially with Thanksgiving coming up! I'm totally making this. I saw your post on The Girl Creative and I'm glad I saw your link post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Katie
    snaponbuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes this look super good and sounds pretty easy too.. I didn't know it was quite that easy actually. I'll definitely be making this one! Pinned it too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...