Image Map

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Jingle Bell Napkin Rings

christmas_napkin_rings.jpg

I'm cooking up a dinner party. Which makes me laugh, because we've hosted two family parties in the past three weeks, and I'm pretty sure the laaaast thing Jorden will agree to is another party. But who asked him, anyway?  :)

My friend Lisa once told me that, although it was clear I enjoyed being a mom, in another life she could easily have seen me as a childless dinner party hostess - that's how much I love to throw a good party!

I've already figured out the menu, and the signature drink, and I've been working on the decor for a few weeks now (I know...easy at this time of year...) But there's something about the table settings that has me really excited.


I think it's the idea that the table can be as beautiful as the decorations. It's the idea of ambiance, of lingering after the meal because what surrounds you is so appealing.

 
It's also the idea of making things special. When, in real life, do you use placecards or chargers or cloth napkins? And when does your table actually look beautiful? (On a daily basis, mine is more likely to be covered in play-doh or glitter glue....)


But every now and then (at a dinner party), we can be childless and pretend.

Who's in?


To make your own, you need:
  • Cloth napkins to fit your color scheme
  • 1 container of jingle bells (Michael's)
  • A variety of materials for wrapping - I used twine, raffia, and thick yarn
  • Fresh sprigs of pine
1.Roll your napkins
2.Thread the material of your choice through the jingle bell and wrap it around your napkin until you achieve desired thickness
3.Stick a sprig of pine underneath!



Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling!
I hope you feel right at home :)
-Cathy


*I am linking this project up to a number of sites this week, including http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/

9 comments :

  1. So pretty and festive! I might have to steal this idea this holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love how that turned out, so fun! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very nice. Simple, festive and looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday - Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariel,
      Thank you! I just missed your party, but hopefully next week... :)
      Cathy

      Delete
  5. These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing at our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope you'll continue to link up with us! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_11_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, thanks so much for linking up to our Countdown to Christmas link party. We're excited to tell you that we featured your Jingle Bell Napkin Ring! Stop by and grab our feature button! Hope you’ll continue to link up with us! Merry Christmas! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_17_archive.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...