Image Map

Thursday, December 13, 2012

White Chocolate Raspberry Oreo Truffles

santa_hat_truffles.jpg

What is it about Christmas that turns us all into little kids again? Ooh-ing and aah-ing over twinkling lights, belting out Christmas tunes in the car, sipping hot cocoa by the fire, searching for the perfect branch to hang our favorite ornament, writing out wish lists and anxiously awaiting the presents under the tree, making (and eating) a ridiculous number of cookies & treats...

...and then decorating them like little miniature Santa hats...!?


The Santa hats were a last-minute decision. And, now that I think of it, so were the truffles! It was a last-minute grocery store run before cookie-making with friends. It was worrying that two of the eighteen things we were making might be too similar. It was desperation...followed by inspiration...followed by little bites of deliciousness :)

 
 
White Chocolate Raspberry Oreo Truffles
1 package Golden Oreos
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
2 tsp. raspberry extract
white confectionery coating (approx 1 pound)
1 package red Wilton Candy Melts (optional)
 
1. Use a food processor to crush Oreos into crumbs and/or small pieces
2. Mix crushed Oreos with cream cheese; add raspberry extract and mix well
3. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on wax-paper lined baking sheet
4. Melt white confectionery coating
5. Dip Oreo balls into melted coating
6. Place on wax paper to harden
 
And then...if you want to have some fun...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 So! Much! Fun!
 
 
 
 
Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling!
I hope you feel right at home:)
-Cathy
 


21 comments :

  1. So yummy! I can't stop eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They ARE yummy, and even more darling with the santa hats! Nice addition, Cath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just great! I pinned it! I am hosting the Recipe Series link up, if you'd like to add this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just pinned these! Visiting from A Pinteresting Party. Love the idea of using the golden oreos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! I always love the white chocolate-raspberry combo in desserts so I thought the golden oreos would be a better fit! Thanks for pinning! :)

      Delete
  5. How sweet! I would love if you would link up to Fall Into the Holidays, open Saturdays through Thursdays-

    http://redcrowgreencrow.wordpress.com/tag/fall-into-the-holidays/

    Katie @ Horrific Knits

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured you in our post,"8 Delicious Homemade Holiday Treats (Good Enough to Gift!)"
    http://littlemomprairie.blogspot.com/2012/12/8-delicious-handmade-holiday-treats.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound fantastic. Love the addition of the santa hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just checked out your blog - mother/daughter - so fun! :)

      Delete
  8. Hi! Love the recipe! I'm new to baking, so I was wondering at what point you add the raspberry extract and I accidently picked up wilton candy melts instead of confectionary coating, will it still work? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops- I forgot to include that in the recipe! I added the raspberry extract to the crushed oreos & cream cheese, before rolling it into balls. Glad you asked! And yes, the Wilton candy melts will work great!! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to do Golden oreos! I did these this weekend also, but used Mint Oreos and dark chocolate coating. I started out trying to coat the balls in Wilton Candy melts, but had a really hard time and found that chocolate chips worked much better for me :)

    These look adorable and I will definitely be adding them to my next batch :) Thanks for sharing!

    Kisha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...