Image Map

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lemon-Raspberry Phyllo Tarts

These little tarts are the perfect spring dessert, combining lemony-raspberry goodness with a touch of almond in one (very) delicious bite!


I  am always amazed when I drive past an Olive Garden and see the parking lot full of cars. And not just on Friday and Saturday nights, but pretty much anytime. All the time! We don't even bother stopping anymore...after so many times of being told there is an hour long wait, you eventually give up....especially when you have 3 kids in tow!
Don't get me wrong - I enjoy their soup, salad and breadsticks as much as the next gal.....but what is it about that place that has people hooked!? Sure, the endless pasta bowl is great....but who can eat that much pasta, anyway? And the breadsticks are pretty darn good too....but a breadstick isn't going to keep people coming back. If you ask me, there is really only one thing that can explain it - the raspberry lemonade!


Ahhhh....the lemonade. I've definitely been known to suck down a few glasses of it, myself! There's just something about the sweetness of raspberries and the tartness of lemons that pairs beautifully together....anytime....but especially in spring. Now, would I wait an hour for it at the Olive Garden? Probably not. Not when I can make it myself in dessert form!


These little tarts are the perfect combination of sweet and tart, with just a touch of almond to mellow out the flavors. They're perfect. And delicious. So delicious, in fact, that they'll even give Olive Garden a run for their money....!

Lemon-Raspberry Phyllo Tarts
1 package (15 count) mini phyllo shells (I used Athens pre-made shells)
1 small jar lemon curd
1 small jar raspberry preserves  
2 c. almond whipped cream (recipe below)
sliced almonds (optional)

Fill each phyllo shell with 1 tsp. lemon curd, 1/2 tsp. raspberry preserves, 1 Tbsp. almond whipped cream, and 1 raspberry. Garnish with 1-2 sliced almonds (optional).

Makes 15 tarts.
*Recipe can easily be doubled - just purchase 2 boxes of the pre-made shells!

Almond Whipped Cream 

1 cup whipping cream
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract 

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Makes 2 cups. 



Enjoy!!

*This recipe was originally shared over at Or So She Says.


Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home!
-Cathy 



18 comments :

  1. I love these - and they look not too difficult. My daughter Riley's birthday party is May 4th and I'm going to pin these with the hope of making them for a little "extra" treat that day. Yes, we'll have cake but these look spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful! They look like spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything with lemon. We've got a lemon tree in our yard and I am always on the lookout for more ways to use our lemons - this looks fabulous! I’d love for you to bring this to Tuesday’s Table over at Love in the Kitchen (http://zentmrs.blogspot.com/2013/04/tuesdays-table-for-april-23-2013-and.html)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look absolutely amazing!This is a great presentation for entertaining. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful combination of flavors! We will be getting a lot of raspberries soon and I will remember this recipe. I love having little bites of somethign sweet!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link party! I can't wait to see what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, these look amazing! I am totally pinning so I can make these later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy - these look delicious! I can't wait to give them a try once the weather gets a little warmer. I am co-hosting the Pinterest Power Party this week and am adding this to my recipes-sweet tooth board.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I want one!!! Pinning these. Thanks for sharing them at Much Ado About Monday. :)

    Jamie
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i will probably make these for my next party-they are beautiful and yummy looking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so pretty and, now that I see the recipe, look like something I might actually be able to pull off :) Thanks so much for sharing. Will be fun for spring and summer. Pinning it!
    Resa ~ Pitcher and Plate

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy. I clicked on your picture from the Six Sisters' blog hop tonight. I love the simplicity of this recipe by using some easy yummy ingredients, yet they look so amazingly delicious! Your pictures are very beautiful too!

    Heather
    www.My-Sweet-Mission.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I featured these too! I just can't stop! I want to live at your house! xoxo Cheryl

    http://www.thatswhatchesaid.net/2013/21-dessert-recipes/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Cathy!

    These look delicious, but they're so cute, I don't know that I could eat them! Just wanted to swing by and let you know that we’ll be featuring it at the Pinterest Power Party tomorrow night… Hope you’ll come back and link up again!

    You can grab a new “featured” button when the party goes live tomorrow!

    Happy Tuesday!
    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I'm going to be doing a round up of berry recipes next Friday, and would like to include your photo. With full credit and link to your site of course. Please join the party Saturday Spotlight @ Angels Homestead, it starts at 12 am Friday night, and runs until 12 midnight Wednesday.

    http://angelshomestead.com/

    Hope to see you there :)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  15. These must be wonderful... YUM! Thanks so much for coming to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell last week... I hope you'll come back to party with me again tomorrow! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com Have a great night! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  16. molto carini!!
    candiedfruits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...