Image Map

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Wontons

  Peanut butter, bananas, and honey.....all rolled up in a wonton and dipped in powdered sugar....your new favorite dessert! (Or, if you're lucky...breakfast!)


One of my favorite breakfast choices as a child was toast with peanut butter, sliced bananas, and honey.....drizzled generously over the top.....dripping down on my fingers....the perfect combination of salty and sweet. It always felt like a breakfast treat! Little did I know, back then, that it was actually (decently) good for me. (Had I known, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much...)



See....growing up, my siblings and I were always on the look-out for breakfast "treats". We loved our occasional donuts on Sundays, sugar cereal on Tuesdays and Saturdays, and banana bread or muffins whenever they were available! My kids are the exact same way - always putting in requests for things like Pop Tarts, Frosted Flakes, ice cream (!?) and...of course....donuts.


For the most part, we are good about holding the line with them....the answer is usually no....but every now and then we splurge and say yes. Like the time Cubby the elf visited and made breakfast for us...or the time Grandpa brought over donuts for the first day of school....or the times we just don't have it in us to say no, and the Pop Tarts or Frosted Flakes or (ice cream!?) or whatever we have at the moment make their way out of the cupboard and into (happy) little mouths.


Now, I'm not saying these wontons are a good option for breakfast, per se....but when you think about it, how different are they from my peanut butter/banana/honey toast? All that really separates them is a little powdered sugar...(and fried deliciousness....) These little treats would be perfect for breakfast (when you want to splurge a little) or for dessert (when you want to impress a little!) They are delicious warm or at room temperature, and they are incredibly quick and easy to prepare (I promise!) So whether you make them in advance or right before eating, you can't go wrong....and just keep in mind - peanut butter, bananas, and honey are all (decently) good for you.....right?!


Peanut Butter Banana Wontons
8 wonton wrappers
1 banana, cut into 8 pieces
1/4 cup peanut butter
4 tsp. honey + extra for drizzling
vegetable oil, for frying
powdered sugar

1. In a small bowl, mix 1/4 c. peanut butter with 4 tsp. honey
2. Lay wontons out on a flat surface. Spoon 2 tsp. peanut butter/honey mixture onto the center of each wonton and top with 1 banana piece.
3. Fold the corners of each wonton up to meet in the center. Wet the edges slightly and press together to make them stick.
4. Wet any open edges and press them together so the wonton is completely sealed. 
5. Heat 1/2 inch oil in a medium frying pan. Place wontons in hot oil and fry 15 seconds on each side (or until golden brown).
6. Remove from oil and dip in powdered sugar.
7. Drizzle with honey before serving.

Enjoy!!




While you're here, have you entered the Canon Rebel giveaway yet? Be sure to stop by HERE and enter to win!!



Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling....
I hope you feel right at home!
-Cathy


24 comments :

  1. these look delicious... & i usually have wonton wrappers on hand {i just make them with cream cheese and we dip them in sweet and sour sauce...} i can't wait to try this... pinning now, friend!!! thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a package of wonton wrappers sitting in my freezer for a while now...that's why I decided to make these little guys. But I love your easy idea, too! Now I know how to use up the rest... (there are about a million in one package!)

      Delete
    2. giving these a whirl this morning : )

      Delete
  2. These look yummy. Do you have any left? ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....the answer would be no....but they are so easy to make and I can prove it to you next time you are over :)

      Delete
  3. sooo these sound delish except for the idea of a really warm banana. I am rather conflicted about this... seriously. I usually make my banana cold prior to applying gobs of peanut butter.... hmmmm.maybe i will just drool over your pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I get it. People are particular about their bananas. These are good at room temp, too....so you could let the banana cool down a bit prior to eating :) Otherwise drooling over the pics is totally an option!!

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious in my opinion. Banana and honey, all wrapped up? Yes please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That should be illegal! Must, must make these...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, this is heaven. My 4 year old and I eat a lot of peanut butter honey sandwiches with bananas!!! These are a fantastic twist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so appealing. Fried in oil, they have to be crunchy and mmmm.
    Consider yourself hugged,
    http://simpleesue.com/try-one-new-recipe-a-week-butterscotch-apple-fluff/

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo yeah!! Yum!!! I saw a recipe a couple of months ago for fried apple wontons...also a dessert... never made them... maybe I am re-inspired after seeing this yumminess :o) thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations... Winners for the giveaway will be announced Wed... Have you entered?
    www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummmmmm... yes! This is genius! :) Love, love, love peanut butter and banana together.

    Thank you for sharing at Marvelous Mondays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I could eat these for breakfast and anytime!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link party! I can't wait to see what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my deliciousness...pinning and making for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so good! I love peanut butter. Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Mondays. Pinned to my MM board. We will be featuring this at tomorrow night's party. Hope to see you there!

    Julie @ This Gal Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look delish! I featured them today at Monday Funday! http://www.thatswhatchesaid.net/2013/21-dessert-recipes/ Thanks for linking up with us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm these look DELICIOUS! What a fabulous idea, they sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so amazing! Elvis would love this! ;) Thanks so much for sharing at our link up party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look amazing!! Hopping over from C.R.A.F.T. New follower! Would appreciate a follow back.

    Cathy @ APeekIntoMyParadise@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yum, these look so delicious! In case you didn’t see it earlier, I featured this today on my blog, so stop by and grab a Featured button if you don’t already have one! http://practicallyfunctional.net/2013/04/6-creative-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun idea... i love banana and peanut butter combo! Thanks so much for coming to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell last week... I hope you'll come back to party with me again tomorrow! http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com Have a great night! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...