Image Map

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pumpkin Nutella Muddy Buddies

Pumpkin Spice and Nutella join forces in this simple, delicious fall treat.
Perfect for your next get together, after school snack, or just because....you deserve it!


Well....we have officially started soccer season, which, as you probably know, means that for the next two months our lives will basically be consumed by it! This year we decided to sign both Ellia and Greta up....which obviously doubles our commitment....and on top of that, Jorden decided to volunteer to coach! BOTH teams!! The funniest part about all of it? We are totally not an athletic family!!



Okay....to be fair....Jorden is actually pretty athletic. But when it comes to the rest of us, forget it! I struggled my way through gym class, basketball practice, swimming lessons, volleyball games....and eventually found somewhat of a place for myself on a slow-pitch softball field. But sports were NEVER my thing....and anyone who knows me today would say that comes as no surprise! Unfortunately, since my kids spend the majority of their time with me, I have passed down my lack of athleticism to them! Poor kiddos.



Don't get me wrong - my kids have LOTS of things they are good at......and they actually probably have a decent amount of athletic potential. BUT. It is not something we spend a lot of time nurturing! And by we, I mean me. So, needless to say, soccer games are a bit.....interesting. There tends to be a good deal of standing around, chewing on hair, avoiding the ball, volunteering to sit on the bench. Yep, it's true. Which makes it hard to give up every Tuesday night and Saturday morning to it!!


And yet, we do. Because they want to play. Because they say they enjoy it. Because we know it's important for them to get some exercise...and be on a team...and know the basics of playing the game. But every now and then, I feel like we deserve a reward. For making it happen, despite the fact that it may very well be the last thing any of us feel like doing. Or maybe I am just speaking for myself. Either way, these Pumpkin Nutella Muddy Buddies feel like just the reward I we need. Sweet, crunchy, and chocolatey, with just the right amount of pumpkin and spice. They make you feel like you could get through anything....even a season of soccer.

Pumpkin Nutella Muddy Buddies
8 c. Chex cereal
1 c. Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses
1/2 c. Nutella
2 c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1. Melt Hershey's Kisses and Nutella in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
2. Pour Chex cereal into a large paper bag (grocery size) and pour melted Nutella mixture over it. Fold the bag to seal and shake to coat cereal.
3. Add powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice until evenly coated. 
4. Spread out on cookie sheet to cool; once completely cool, store at room temperature in an airtight container.

Enjoy!


Be sure to check out my other delicious Muddy Buddy recipes!




Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home!


17 comments :

  1. YUMM! I'm in. Are you planning on serving these at the soccer games? ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. We survived 2 years of soccer and I was the happiest parent EVER when Jordan said she didn't want to play anymore, lol. These muddy buddies are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound awesome! Around here we call it puppy chow, but delicious all the same. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Volunteering to sit on the bench? HAHA! That's great. I hope I don't pass on to much of my fierce competitiveness to my children. My hubs already told he won't sit by me at games. Honestly I'm not that bad :) I'm coming over some treats after the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always hated gym class. Yuck! I consider myself to be a very un-athletic person. I can't run, I am afraid of balls that fly at me, I can't jump and I'm not tall. Luckily my kids seem to be better off! I love pumpkin and Nutella together! Great snack Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You can't go wrong with that combo! I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! These sound awesome! I made your lemon bar and scotcheroo muddy buddies for a get-together a couple weeks ago and they were a huge hit with both the kiddos and adults!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Monday! Muddy buddies are the best snack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Found this post on Ducks 'N a Row blog hop. These look amazing and I love anything and everything pumpkin and can't go wrong with Nutella. Pinned.
    ~Jackie @ The Non-Martha Momma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I have a pumpkin-themed potluck party every year- totally serving this. Pinning it now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm on a serious pumpkin kick.... my husband is starting to get concerned. I think your newest muddy buddy recipe would get him on board with my pumpkin obsession! Recipe is pinned!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm on a serious pumpkin kick.... my husband is starting to get concerned. I think your newest muddy buddy recipe would get him on board with my pumpkin obsession! Recipe is pinned!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm on a serious pumpkin kick.... my husband is starting to get concerned. I think your newest muddy buddy recipe would get him on board with my pumpkin obsession! Recipe is pinned!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE pumpkin with my nutella! what a great snack idea

    ReplyDelete
  15. This version of puppy chow sounds so good! I definitely need to try this asap...found you at Wake Up Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pumpkin nutella puppy chow! Sounds great! I need to try this out it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing. Only knew about the choco/peanut butter combo and we can't do peanut butter as our youngest is allergic. This is a perfect alternative! !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...