Image Map

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Krispie Cups

White chocolate, pumpkin spice, and Rice Krispies come together in these miniature candy bites - 
easy to make and perfect for fall!


Well....I am headed out this morning to join Greta on her first field trip of the year! We are going to the Safety Building, which houses our city's police and fire departments.....and she could not be more excited!! As you may know if you've read my recent posts, Greta is struggling a bit with the transition to kindergarten. She misses being home with me, staying in her p.j.'s if she feels like it, and having slow, lazy days together. So, needless to say, when she found out I was joining her on her field trip she was ecstatic! And I'm excited, too....to meet her classmates, see her in her element, and spend some extra time with her! Although....I have to admit....when the form came home asking us to check which volunteer opportunities we'd be interested in, I thought about sending it back blank....!



Maybe it's because I did SO MUCH when Ellia was in kindergarten....and I don't want to have that "in over my head" feeling of scrambling for babysitters like I did back then. Or maybe because I know how nice it is to just stay home and hear about the field trip after school. Or maybe because it's just hard sometimes to keep the bar where you set it with your first.....and I'm tired.....! Whatever the reason, it doesn't really matter. Because guilt set in almost instantly....and I definitely didn't leave the form blank.


No.....in fact, I ended up putting a check mark next to most of the field trips and offering my party planning skills as needed. Because, laziness aside, I really do appreciate the chance to be involved at my kids' school. I like getting to know their teachers, learning their classmates' names, meeting their best friends, and being a part of their world....if only for a morning. Best of all, I LOVE the fact that I am making Greta's day by being there. I've been told it won't always be so easy.....so I'll take it while I can!


Pumpkin Spice Krispie Cups
8 oz. white chocolate 
30 Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses 
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/4 c. Rice Krispies cereal

1. Melt white chocolate and Hershey's Kisses in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in pumpkin pie spice until evenly incorporated.
3. Add Rice Krispies and stir to coat.
4. Spoon mixture into mini cupcake pans lined with paper liners.
5. Refrigerate until hardened. Store in refrigerator or at room temperature in an airtight container.


Enjoy!

Check out these other delicious candy recipes, too!




Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home! 

7 comments :

  1. Oh these look so good. I'm usually not a fan of pumpkin things, but this looks amazing!
    Don't worry, you will have a lot of moments to spend with your little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a sweet treat. I hope the field trip goes well. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet if she comes home to these treats that will make her day too! Hope it went great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with you my friend! Like Greta, Sydney is missing me....the days are long and frankly, weekends are too short. It makes me sad! I'm glad you had a chance to go on the field trip. When they are ready, ill start weekly volunteering in both classrooms. Until then, is it ok to lock myself away and eat a ton of these candy cups? I love the addition of the pumpkin! Bring on the Halloween festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, these look like pure fall perfection! And I bet Greta was over the moon to have you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look so cute and tasty! I have a greta too, hope you had fun on your field trip with her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are looking just GREAT!!
    I love white chocolate and I love the combination of flavors in these cups

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...