Muddy Buddies get a winter makeover with white chocolate, vanilla frosting, Andes Peppermint Candies, and crushed candy canes. Pure peppermint perfection!
I'm not sure what it is, but I've been on a HUGE peppermint kick lately! I've been dreaming up all kinds of minty concoctions and waiting (impatiently) to share them with you! (I didn't want to overwhelm you with too much mint before Thanksgiving!) But now that we're just one day away from Turkey Day, I figured I'd throw caution to the wind and share one of my FAVORITES - these amazingly delicious Candy Cane Muddy Buddies!
I think I can safely give credit to Target....and their seasonal candy shelves that are STOCKED with pepperminty options....for my recent flurry of minty love! Ever since my trip there a few weeks ago, I've been busy plotting and planning, baking and (no)-baking, and definitely definitely taste testing. It's funny - usually I'm not much of a mint person. But I am seriously inhaling all these treats! I thought I had done some major damage on the Mint Oreo Fudge......but that was before these babies came around! Watch out!!
As for the recipe? You can thank me later. After you've made your 4th batch because it's just SO GOOD and you can't stop eating it, either! I can almost guarantee that's exactly what will happen....and when it does, just remember - I warned you! Eat at your own risk. And enjoy!
Candy Cane Muddy Buddies
8 c. Chex cereal
1 c. Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
1 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 c. vanilla frosting
2 Tbsp. butter
2 c. powdered sugar
6 candy canes, finely crushed
1. Pour Chex Cereal and Andes Baking Chips into a large paper grocery bag. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt white chocolate chips,vanilla frosting, and butter. Stir mixture constantly until completely melted. *Note: mixture will be thick.
3. Pour white chocolate mixture over mixture in grocery bag. Fold the top of the bag and shake vigorously to coat cereal.
4. Add powdered sugar and crushed candy canes. Shake again to coat cereal.
5. Lay muddy buddies on a large rimmed baking sheet to cool completely. Before serving, top with additional crushed candy canes (optional).
Be sure to check out some of my other Muddy Buddy recipes!
Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling.....
I hope you feel right at home!