Image Map

Monday, November 4, 2013

Cranberry Corn Muffins w/Sweet Orange Honey Butter

Classic corn muffins stuffed with cranberries and topped with sweet orange honey butter. 
A sweet little something different for your Thanksgiving dinner.


I'm pretty sure we are heading toward the busiest Thanksgiving we've ever had. Back to back family celebrations, which we do every year, plus visits from 3 very important out of town guests - my husband's Grandma Roz from Michigan, his cousin Craig's family, also from Michigan, and my aunt and uncle from Kentucky. I am looking forward to it, for sure.....the kids will have a blast seeing their great grandma and cousins and swimming in the hotel pools....but I also know it's going to be a full and crazy week!



Which is why I'm getting an early start on Thanksgiving recipes. I'd like to know what I'm making for our different get togethers....and I'd like to know earlier than the day before! There will be no time for paging through cookbooks and food magazines, no time for last minute grocery store trips and searching for obscure ingredients. We'll be too busy spending time with various members of various families, enjoying one another's company with good food and a swimming pool! I need to be prepared.


I've had a huge taste for all things orange lately....not sure if it's because of the lack of other fruit in the stores or because oranges are better this time of year or what....but oranges have been tasting juicy and sweet and refreshingly delicious to me. So I've been going with it. These cranberry corn muffins start with Jorden's grandma's corn muffin recipe and get better from there. Between the cranberries and the sweet orange honey butter, these have got to be the best corn muffins I've ever had. Perfect for Thanksgiving. You can put away those cookbooks :)


Cranberry Corn Muffins w/Sweet Orange Honey Butter
1 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. yellow corn meal
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
4 Tbsp. sugar
1 c. craisins

1. Beat eggs; add milk and butter to mixture
2. Add dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Stir in craisins.
3. Divide batter evenly among 6 large, greased muffin tins (or 12 regular muffin tins). 
4. Bake at 400 degrees 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Sweet Orange Honey Butter
4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. grated orange zest

Mix butter, honey and orange zest by hand or with a hand mixture.

Enjoy!


Looking for more delicious ideas for your Thanksgiving menu? Here are some favorites!

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/06/sicilian-spinach-salad.html

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/06/worlds-best-cream-corn.html

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/10/creamy-mushroom-risotto.html



Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home!


6 comments :

  1. Love that you not only added cranberries, but even made your own butter -flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to wait 'til Thanksgiving to have a couple of these. The flavored butter makes the muffins even tastier. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe really looks too fantastic to wait - I might have to do a trial run before Turkey Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! What a great idea to combine cornbread with cranberries. Two thanksgiving classics rolled into one! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondering what's the oven temperature for cooking them. I'm trying them today and wasn't sure whether to cook at 350F or higher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally decided to heat the oven to 400F and they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...