Image Map

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Easy No-Bake Petit Fours

Easy No-Bake Petit Fours made with shortbread cookies, Nutella, and Vanilla Candiquik. 
An adorably delicious Valentine's Day treat!


In case you haven't notice by now, I LOVE no-bake recipes. I think it's because I can start them one minute and finish them the next....and have a fun, delicious treat in the end! So in between phone calls and emails, diaper changes and sandwich making, coloring and Play-doh.....I often find myself day-dreaming in no-bakes! Ah.....the life of a stay at home mom blogger.



Another thing I love about no-bakes? They are always a HUGE hit with my kiddos! I don't know what it is.....maybe the fact that they are usually bite-sized and chocolate candy coated.....just right for little hands and taste buds? And I don't know why it makes me so happy when the kiddos approve. Like their opinions are actually trustworthy.....? But, nonetheless, their approval does matter!


Which is why yesterday, when Nora couldn't keep her hands off these Petit Fours....and Ellia and Greta dove for the plate of them the minute they got off the bus, and proceeded to tell me they were the BEST thing I've ever made.....it literally made my day! I felt like I had accomplished something great! Never mind the fact that they only took me 10 minutes to make.


 Now......if only I could get them to have that kind of reaction to dinner...!!

Easy No-Bake Petit Fours
24 Lorna Doone shortbread cookies
8 oz. Vanilla Candiquik
1/2 c. Nutella
8 conversation heart candies 

1. Stack 3 shortbread cookies, filling the middle two layers with Nutella (a generous teaspoon for each layer).
2. Melt Vanilla Candiquik over low heat; spoon over shortbread stacks to coat completely.
3. Place Petit Fours on wax paper; top each with 1 candy heart.
4. Cool in refrigerator or room temperature until hardened.


Enjoy!


Looking for more delicious no-bake Valentine's Day recipes?

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2014/01/conversation-heart-krispie-bark.html

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2014/01/chocolate-cherry-cordial-fudge.html

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2014/01/chocolate-covered-cherry-muddy-buddies.html



Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home!

7 comments :

  1. Those look awesome! Fantastic recipe :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute, especially with Nora's little hands holding them. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made these with Lorna Doone's!!! Sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just completely awesome! I LOVE that they are no bake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to be so dense, but what is Candiquik? And where do I get it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of your super sweet girl! I'm all for no bakes and these are perfect for Valentine's Day! Thank you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all need a good no bake treat don't we? And this is definitely a good one! So cute Cathy! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...