Image Map

Friday, January 17, 2014

Valentine's Day Gift Jars

Mason Jars decorated for Valentine's Day and filled with hot cocoa, marshmallows, and sprinkles. 
A fun, simple, and delicious gift idea!


If you ask my kids, they would probably tell you that I'm not a super "fun" mom. I don't love to get on the floor and play with them, I don't love dance parties or spa days or makeovers, I don't take them to McDonald's or Monkey Joe's or Helium....at least not often....and I don't let them get away with a whole lot. At least not as much as I could!


But. I do love reading with them, baking with them, playing games with them, talking with them....and most of all....doing arts and crafts with them! And I always have, ever since the time Ellia was little. But I must confess....I find myself doing fewer and fewer craft projects with them the older they get! I'm not sure what it is - that I have less energy for arts and crafts, that my time with them is more limited, that I'm tired of all the messes.....?


Whatever the reason, I've decided that we need to pull out the paints and the glue and the glitter! Poor Nora.....she's missing out! So, the other day, while the older girls were at school, I got out a big stack of paper and paintbrushes and paints for Nora.....and a box of mason jars and acrylics and ribbon for me! And we both got to work. Nora painted about eight pictures and loved every minute of it. And I painted these three mason jars!


I used the end of a paintbrush for the dots and free-handed some simple Valentine's Day designs. Then I filled each jar with hot cocoa, marshmallows, and sprinkles, glued some pretty ribbon around the top rim, and....voila! Fun, easy, delicious Valentine's Day gifts! And a fun afternoon with Nora.

Materials Needed:
  • Mason jars or any glass jars with lids
  • Acrylic paints
  • Small paintbrushes
  • Ribbon
  • Hot glue gun


Looking for more Valentine's Day craft ideas?

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/01/xoxo-candles.html

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/02/xoxo-framed-art.html


Or....looking for $400 PayPal cash?? Enter to win by clicking below!

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2014/01/the-weary-chef-400-anniversary-giveaway.html




Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling....
I hope you feel right at home!

9 comments :

  1. You have the cutest Valentine's Day projects, Cathy! I just love your creativity!
    Ang, Juggling Act Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I think they would make the sweetest little teacher gifts and just because sweet gifts! Oh and confession.....I'm a similar Mom but I think kisses and homemade treats are way better that Ronald McDonalds high 5's any day! I think our sweet kiddos would agree ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we're really on a hot cocoa kick over here right now... these are adorable... it's so cute how the painted design shows up against the cocoa colored background... glad you enjoyed art time with your sweet nora... i love watching little hands create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hot cocoa mason jars, its such a refreshing twist to the normal Valentine's treats! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, perfect for Valentines day right around the corner. Be sure to stop by my link party today, #OmNomNomFriday, and share your fantastic creations. Have a great weekend :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I'm going to make some for the kids teachers for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, you and I sound like we'd mother very similarly. Lucy isn't old enough to do a lot of those things with her...but I know that the things you love will be the ones I do too! These jars look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...