Image Map

Friday, December 6, 2013

3 Holiday Coffee Creamers

3 delicious holiday flavors - eggnog, gingerbread, and vanilla mint
the perfect way to add some holiday cheer to your favorite coffee or hot cocoa! 


Whew.....it's Friday! And I have nothing planned for tonight but relaxing on the couch and probably going to bed early, while Jorden visits an old childhood friend who is in town from Washington, D.C. It's funny....just yesterday I had breakfast with one of my old childhood friends who I haven't seen in over a year! 'Tis the season, I guess....for reconnecting with old friends!


Do you have any old friends you still see now and then? It's interesting, isn't it? How you can just pick up with people you've known forever....and immediately feel a sense of comfort....despite the fact that you haven't talked in months or even years? There's just something about the people we grew up with that feels comfortable....and spending time with them can bring us right back to that place!


At the same time, of course, what would life be like without all the new friends we've met along the way? The people we've known now since high school or college or our first job.....or the people we've met just recently? Every friendship is a little different, and does something different for us....and I'm so grateful in my life to have some of every kind!


Kinda like these coffee creamers....in a weird sort of way. They're all a little different, some more familiar and comfortable to us and some a little newer, but all of them add something unique and wonderful to our lives (or coffee!) Here's to friends....old and new....and to all the different flavors they bring to our lives!

Eggnog Creamer
1 3/4 c. half and half
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. rum extract

Mix all ingredients in a large mason jar; shake vigorously to combine. Store in refrigerator.


Gingerbread Creamer
1 3/4 c. half and half
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
6 Tbsp. molasses
1 1/2 tsp. ginger
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. cloves
3/4 tsp. nutmeg

Mix all ingredients in a large mason jar; shake vigorously to combine. Store in refrigerator.


Vanilla Mint Creamer
1 3/4 c. half and half
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. peppermint extract 

Mix all ingredients in a large mason jar; shake vigorously to combine. Store in refrigerator. 

**Try all three by dividing the basic half & half/sweetened condensed milk mixture in thirds! Just be sure to adjust your other measurements accordingly :)

 Enjoy!

Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home!

 

13 comments :

  1. I love this post. I will be trying these creamers. Stop by www.recipesourdailybread.com and link up this great recipe on my blog hop today.

    Blessings, Diane Roark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I have been wanting to try homemade coffee creamer for so long! I hate the chemical-taste in store bought creamer, but have been too lazy to make my own. This looks so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!! Love these recipes! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! And I must admit, I avoid those certain coffee creamers in the stores because they are full of chemicals (but oh I love them). I really wanted a good recipe for some homeade creamers and these are perfect for the Holiday Season! Thank you! PS - I have those same Gingerbread man plates - love Crate and Barrel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how long do these last in frig? looking to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the holidays since that's usually when I get to see my childhood friends too. These coffee creamers sound delicious and I can't wait to try them, thanks so much for sharing and hope you have a great week Cathy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. these creamers sound delicious... i'll have to share this post with my mom... i think she'd really enjoy these, too... thanks for sharing, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only do these look delicious but the recipes sound delish as well. I am going to make the Gingerbread creamer this week.
    Pinning to my "Coffee Fix" Pinterest board.
    Cheers,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The condensed milk leaves a coating on my tongue, or at least it feels like it. I would love to get away from fake creamers. Any others have that "feeling"? Suggestions for what you have tried that works better??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that. Condensed milk is just milk and sugar....not sure why it would feel that way! You could try just eliminating the condensed milk and using another type of sweetener - agave syrup?

      Delete
  10. You are the hostess pick today at the Inspiration Monday Party!!

    xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/2013/12/inspiration-monday-party-last-minute.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genius. These look fabulous! I made a lavender coffee syrup the other day, but this is another great coffee idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is the expiration date on this stuff? Do you just go by the date on the carton of half&half??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...