Image Map

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Eggnog Dip

All the flavors of eggnog in a deliciously creamy dip! 
Perfect for dipping pretzels, cinnamon sugar chips, candy canes, or just a spoon....why not!?


I get a lot of questions about what I do with all the sweet treats I am constantly making....and rightfully so! Most of the time, the things I make for the blog do not have a real destination. I am not making them for a party or a gift (although I will often re-make them for "real life") and so the finished product ends up finding a home on my counter, in my fridge, and eventually.....in my mouth! Unless, of course, I can move it along before that happens.



Some things I end up sending to work with Jorden....but they have to be the right types of things. Nothing too messy, nothing that's too hard for him to carry, nothing that needs to be heated..... Some things I share with neighbors, although I always seem to over-think whether or not they actually WANT more treats coming their way, whether or not they even LIKE mint, and on and on. Some things I save for the kids to eat....slowly....over the course of the week. And some things I pass out to my family for taste testing. Anything that's left? (Or anything I neglect to share?) I end up eating it, of course!


There are all kinds of reasons I end up NOT sharing things. Like if I make it on a Friday and wouldn't be able to send it to work until Monday.....or if I don't get to take pictures right away and by the time I do I'm worried it won't taste it's best.....or if I just stick it in the fridge and forget....! And then, sometimes, there are things I really like. Things I like almost TOO MUCH. And I have a choice to make: to share or not to share? If I share, then other people can taste how delicious it is, too! If I don't share, I can have it all to myself! If I share, I eat a "proper" amount and move on. If I don't share......well......I eat way more than my SHARE! It's a tough choice!


This Eggnog Dip is one of those things. It's utterly addicting! From the moment I started mixing the cream cheese with the sugar and the nutmeg and the rum flavoring....I knew it would be. And when I topped it all off with real eggnog, I knew all bets were off! It tastes JUST like eggnog, but thicker, creamier, and much more perfect for dipping. So....what did I decide to do with it?? I kept it! After sharing yesterday's Eggnog Monkey Bread.....I had to! And after you try it, you'll see why.

Eggnog Dip
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. eggnog
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2  tsp. rum extract

Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer on medium-high speed for 1 minute.

Enjoy!


And...here are some more delicious dips to tickle your fancy!

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/08/salted-caramel-apple-dip.html

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/09/cookie-butter-pretzel-dip_16.html




Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home!



8 comments :

  1. This dip sounds delicious and perfect for a holiday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great dip!! This looks wonderful!!

    Blessings!
    Diane Roark
    www.recipesforourdailybread.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a must have for holiday fun and treats! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is tricky finding homes for all my food. I too think my neighbors can't possibly want my stuff! I know if I made this dip, I would be hoarding this for myself! It's fantastic Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YUM! I love eggnog and never would have thought of having it in dip form. I need to get on board with this right away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy COW. This looks FANTASTIC!!!! You know me and my addiction to dips! I am totally trying this, Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! Especially since there's cream cheese in it! Would you mind to link this up to my Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop? Our readers would love to see this recipe!
    http://carriethishome.com/2013/12/frugal-crafty-home-blog-hop-53/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...