Image Map

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Peach Melba Sangria

The classic combination of peaches and raspberries....brought together in a delicious sangria that is just right for breakfast, happy hour, or any hour! The perfect addition to your Mother's Day menu!

When I was in high school, I worked at a little frozen custard shop called Murf's Frozen Custard & Jumbo Burgers. I scooped cones, made sundaes, blended shakes, packed pints, and added all the toppings to our special "flavors of the day". It was my first job, and I loved it! I met tons of new people, made a little money, and loved having my friends come visit me at work. The downsides (a white pants/purple shirt/purple Murf's hat uniform, going home smelling like burger grease...) were nothing compared to the fun I had there!



One of the "perks" of the job, of course, was getting to sample all the different flavors of custard. We had every flavor you could imagine, from Banana Split to French Silk Pie to Bailey's Irish Cream and Grasshopper Brownie Fudge. But for some reason, the one I always remember most is Peach Melba. Peach flavored custard with chunks of peaches and raspberry puree. Mmmmmmmm.


Peach Melba is one of those flavors you don't run across very often...at least not around here! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that both peaches and raspberries are hot commodities, and are only available a few months out of the year. When I was at the grocery store yesterday I noticed that a tiny container of raspberries is $5.99 right now....and peaches are pricey, too! Not to worry...this is a version you can make all year round, even when the fruit is not totally in season!


Because, even though nothing says "SUMMER" like berries and peaches, my time at Murf's made it clear that there is NEVER a bad time for Peach Melba. Why not make yourself some for Mother's Day? Or, better yet, leave the recipe out on the counter! It's easy enough that even your husband could make it....and we all know that everything tastes better when someone else makes it for you :)

Peach Melba Sangria
1 bottle (3 c.) Yellow Tail Moscato (sweet white sparkling wine)
1 1/2 c.  peach juice
1/4 c. Peach Schnapps
1/4 c. Triple Sec 
1 c. frozen raspberries 

Mix liquids in a large pitcher and refrigerate until ready to enjoy. Add raspberries right before serving!

Happy Mother's Day - Enjoy!!
 

 Looking for another recipe using peaches and berries? Check out my Glazed Strawberry-Peach Muffins!

 

Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling....
I hope you feel right at home!
-Cathy   

 

22 comments :

  1. Looks delicious. Peach sangria is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! This looks good for this Mama! Did you get a facelift? The blog looks great - !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to sample this today, and it is really good. A perfect drink for summer!☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sangria is my absolute favorite drink!! I usually have it with red wine and citrus fruits! I am crazy about the raspberry peach combo! I'll be thinking about this the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yessssss!! How about dipping your biscotti in this? No? Pinning and stopping by (again) from Mop It Up Monday - have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sangria.....and I love peach. Hhhmmm......delicious drink!!
    Thanks for sharing. I am pinning this.

    http://curiositaellya.blogspot.com/

    Ellya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this sounds so good right now! I'd love to have you share it at this week's All my Bloggy Friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for linking up, Cathy! Just stopping by to let you know that you'll be featured at tomorrow's All my Bloggy Friends :) I can't wait to see what you share this week!

      Delete
  9. Yum! I can't wait to try this when the weather gets a little warmer- looks delicious! Pinned:)
    Shannon@CozyCountryLiving

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!!! This looks delicious and perfect for summer! This would be great to link-up to my Create It Thursday post...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-2-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I can definitely get down with this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! Love peach :-)

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUMMY! Great pics too!
    We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    Two Girls and a Party
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday. Hosted by:
    Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this "Recipe"...it looks pretty and sounds like it would taste divine! I am pinning it to my board over on Pinterest...saw it over at the Pinteresting party at Handy Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that drink looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks fantastic! Yellowtail is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous drink! Pinned and thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks delicious, i would love to feature it in a special im doing on summer drinks if this would be ok please let me know,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  19. I posted the feature and you can see it here, hope you like it,
    lauren


    http://westfurniturerevival.blogspot.com/2013/08/drink-up-refreshments-for-summer.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...