Image Map

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sweet & Salty Candy Corn Oreos

Deliciously sweet Candy Corn Oreos dipped in white chocolate and topped with dry-roasted peanuts. 
A sweet & salty match made in heaven!


There's something about chopped peanuts that brings back all kinds of delicious memories. Maybe because they're the topping on so many delicious treats! Like Drumsticks and McDonald's sundaes, caramel apples and peanut pershings - the best donuts when you really want to treat yourself!



I love the crunch and the saltiness they add to sweets, and I especially love them with white chocolate. I don't know if you've noticed....but when it comes to chocolate, I have a clear favorite! For me, it's white chocolate all the way. Unless we're talking about a few choice candy bars or other desserts where milk chocolate is clearly in order, I'll be dipping and drizzling with white chocolate any day of the week!


The only problem with white chocolate? It's reeallllly sweet! Which, depending what you're using it with, is either okay....or just plain too sweet. My favorite way to enjoy white chocolate? With a little bit of salt! Like pretzels or Chex or crackers or....peanuts! These little treats are really a no-brainer, not only because of the obvious combination of white chocolate and peanuts....but because of the {even more obvious} combination of peanuts and candy corn! Sweet and salty deliciousness all the way around. The BEST kind of treat, if you ask me.


 Sweet & Salty Candy Corn Oreos
24 Candy Corn Oreos
16 oz. white chocolate (I used Eileen's Ivory Bark)
approx. 1/2 c. chopped dry roasted peanuts

1. Melt white chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
2. Dip Oreos in melted chocolate to coat; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet to cool.
3. Top with chopped peanuts, to taste.

Enjoy!

Looking for more delicious sweet & salty treats? 




 

Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling....
I hope you feel right at home!

10 comments :

  1. Those look so crazy good! I love sweet and salty treats! Pinned and sharing on my FB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is a wonderful and a wonderfully terrible idea! I think I need one right now. Mmm.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - these, again, look like the perfect answer to a crazy day...and PMS ;) Another winner in my book Cathy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the white chocolate, its the best! Very good salty sweet combo Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a total sucker for the sweet and salty combo! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun little recipe, Cathy! I love the sweet & salty combo. Pinning this and sharing on social media. Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sweet/salty comby and they make such fun, pretty treats. Pinned to my Marvelous Mondays board, thanks for sharing,Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a smart idea...these look absolutely delicious! This would be great to link up to Create It Thursday #25…it's live now! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. Em. Gee. Dude. How are you not 800 lbs?! You make the most delicous food. I could eat your recipes all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea but I did something wrong - the chocolate didn't get smooth, and my spatula melted off in the saucepan. :-( I didn't even get one good cookie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...