Image Map

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mummy-Wrapped Utensils & Halloween Blog Hop

These adorable Mummy-Wrapped Utensils are made with just 5 materials
and are sure to add an extra dose of fun to your Halloween table!


Good morning, everyone! I'm so excited for today - not just because I get to share another fun Halloween project with you - but because I get to be part of this amazing Halloween Blog Hop with so many other talented bloggers! I hope you will stay to link up your latest Halloween projects below. I can't wait to see what you've been working on! I've been busy creating fun and simple Halloween crafts, like the Spooky Spider Plates and Funny Pumpkin Pails I already shared with you, and I have one more craft for you today: these adorable Mummy-Wrapped Utensils!



I'm a big fan of wrapping utensils for parties, showers, and get togethers. I love the special little touch it adds to the table. So naturally, when I started thinking about a Halloween party, I knew that wrapped utensils would be part of it! And what more fitting way to wrap them than to look like mummies? Of course!! I started by picking up a few simple materials: black plastic utensils, white paper dinner napkins, cheese cloth, candy eyeballs, and edible "glue". I stacked the silverware (knife, fork, spoon), wrapped it in the napkin with the bottom corner folded up to secure it, and then re-wrapped it with strips of cheese cloth. I left just a small opening for the eyes and secured them with Wilton Cookie Icing. Voila! Fun & simple Mummy-Wrapped Utensils! Here's the complete tutorial:


Materials Needed:
  • Black plastic utensils (I found mine at Dollar Tree, but any party store would also carry them)
  • White dinner napkins (I used Chinet)
  • Cheese cloth, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
  • 1 package candy eyeballs (I used Wilton)
  • Edible "glue" (I used Wilton Candy Icing, but melted white chocolate would also work)
1. Begin by stacking the silverware with the knife on the bottom and the spoon on top.
2. Place the silverware stack on top of the napkin, with one corner of the napkin at the tip of the knife and another corner directly below the base of the handle.
3. Fold the bottom corner of the napkin on top of the spoon handle, then fold the left side of the napkin on top of the silverware and roll until secure.
4. Starting at the bottom, re-wrap the utensils with strips of cheese cloth. When you get to the end of a strip, overlap the end with a new strip and continue wrapping.
5. Leave a small space for eyes; continue wrapping all the way to the top of the spoon.
6. Use small dabs of icing or melted chocolate to secure eyes in place. Lay flat to dry.


And now for the Halloween Project Parade Blog Hop & Link Party!

Let's get hopping with these fabulous Halloween Projects below! Stop by and follow along with these creative projects and inspiring blogs! Show us what you have been creating by joining in the Halloween Link party below. We will be showing and sharing them on social media - so link up!
Halloween Project Parade Blog Hop & Link Party

Halloween Collage 1 - 650
Spider Garland | Oh My! Creative - Follow her on Pinterest and Google+
Halloween Collage 2 650
Mummy Wrapped Utensils | Lemon Tree Dwelling - Follow me on Pinterest and Google+
Candy Corn Cupcakes | It's Always Autumn - Follow her on Pinterest and facebook
Halloween Collage 3 - 650
Chevron Jar Lantern | twelveOeight - Follow her on Pinterest and Google+
Thrifted Halloween Chevron Spider Art | The Happy Housie - Follow her on Pinterest & Google+
Halloween Collage 4 - 650
Owl Wreath | Persia Lou - Follow her on Pinterest and Google+
Apothecary Style Trick or Treat Jar | My Love 2 Create - Follow her on Pinterest and Facebook
Halloween Collage 5 - 650
Simple Straw Vase | Daisy Mae Belle - Follow her on Pinterest and Google+
Embellished Paper Mache Witch Hats | Pink When - Follow her on Pinterest and Google+






14 comments :

  1. This mummy wrapped silverware is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sooo cute!! Love it! I'm saying hi from the happy housie- fellow halloween blog hop cohost. I'm heading over to follow you on your social media!! Great to meet you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to make have to make these for our annual Halloween pot luck. So cute! And I REALLY need to get some of these edible googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a clever idea! My kids would love this for sure! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Halloween project. I didn't know they made edible eyes! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beyond adorable - I love them and pinned them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super cute! Those google eyes are just precious! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome Cathy, what a great idea!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another amazing idea Cathy - so cute! The girls got really excited when I showed them so yes, they will be on our Halloween table this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable idea! I want to throw a halloween party just so I can make these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my heck, girlfriend. These are so cute!!! Featuring them tomorrow. P.S. You're kind of a feature hog. Your stuff always ends up being my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh...these are too cute. Love the idea. Thanks so much for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...