Image Map

Friday, October 18, 2013

Apple Cheesecake Breakfast Quesadillas

Ooey gooey cheesecake filling, paired with apples and stuffed inside a flour tortilla, grilled to perfection and dusted with a sweet cinnamon sugar topping. Who says you can't have dessert for breakfast?


A few weekends ago, Jorden and I took the kiddos apple picking. And, for better or for worse, that's basically all it ended up being. We went, we picked, and we left. With a LOT of apples, of course. But there was no frolicking, no frills, no "day at the orchard" for us.....we just. picked. apples. It may have had something to do with the long list of rules they handed us as we drove in.....about not climbing trees and only picking from certain rows and paying for every apple you pick and so on. Or the giant signs about shoplifting that were staring us down every time we turned a corner. Those definitely put a different spin on things....or made us feel like we MUST be doing something wrong! No wonder we didn't exactly want to linger....!



At the end of the day, though, what really mattered was that we came home with a big bag of apples. From an orchard. That we had picked! So many apples that I was convinced I'd be using half of them for baking. Or not! Because when I opened the fruit drawer the other morning, I realized there are just a handful of apples left! From the entire bag! Which is a good thing....because it means we've been eating them....but at the same time, what about my baking?!?


I know this isn't actually baking, but I knew I needed to do something....and quickly! So I grabbed just one small apple (no one will ever miss it) and dreamed up this breakfast idea. A little something sweet for the morning, made with ingredients that are totally breakfast worthy. If this doesn't win my kids over, I don't know what will. They're suckers for anything with a hint of sweetness. And this is SURE to hit the spot.


Apple Cheesecake Breakfast Quesadillas
1 large (10 inch burrito size) flour tortilla
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla 
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 small apple, thinly sliced
butter
cinnamon & sugar

1. Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
2. Spread on one half of large tortilla. Top with apple slices; fold tortilla in half.
3. Melt a small amount of butter on griddle. Cook quesadilla until golden brown on one side; flip and cook the other side.
4. Brush both sides of hot quesadilla with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar mixture.

Enjoy!

Check out some more of my deliciously sweet breakfast ideas!






Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home!
 

13 comments :

  1. Dessert for breakfast. I like it! These look delicious. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! I still have plenty of apples left from our picking:) Where did you go? The orchard we went to encouraged us to eat the apples off of the trees to try them, encouraged us to pick where we wanted...just look for big, ripe apples! They were awesome! We didn't feel restricted at all! And, we got honey crisps for almost $1/lb! Woo hoo! Next year you come with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY ! Perfect autumn weekend meal - wonder if I have what I need to make them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I have is whole wheat tortillas....what do you think? Still maybe yummy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, this looks delicious!!

    I wanted to personally invite you to the Favorite Family Recipes virtual recipe swap I am hosting! Come by www.TheFoodette.com for more details! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely twist (on breakfast...on quesadillas...) We had a bad apple season this year in Colorado so I'm jealous of all these lovely apples! Thank you for sharing. So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great, easy breakfast idea!! I love apples and cinnamon... so this pretty much needs to be in my kitchen right now :) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make quesadillas all the time for my kids but I never thought to do a breakfast version...brilliant! They would love these, Cathy (and so would I!). Yes, I just might be surprising everyone with some apple quesadillas tomorrow morning... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a unique idea for breakfast! I must try soon. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo you just snuck cheesecake into breakfast. I Heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, please, after seeing this, I must have cheesecake for breakfast!! :-)

    I would love for you to come over and link up at Wine'd Down Wednesday if you get a chance. We party every week from Tuesday evening to late Friday night! Hope to see you there!
    http://www.dizzybusyandhungry.com/wined-down-wednesday-7/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's a breakfast! Or snack or dessert or anytime of day really. Looks delicious thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...