Image Map

Friday, October 4, 2013

Snickerdoodle Pumpkin M&M Bars

Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars stuffed with Pumpkin Spice M&M's and topped with pumpkin spiced cinnamon and sugar. Pure fall comfort, in one delicious bar.


If you've been reading my posts for the last week or so, you know that Lemon Tree Dwelling has been heavy on the Halloween crafts and light on the good stuff (aka food!!) What can I say....other than that, every now and then, even I need a break from food! And my crafty side needs a little attention, too. So I hope you've had fun with the crafts (I know I have)....and now, back to the good stuff!



I wanted to leave you with something for the weekend that would satisfy all your fall needs....in terms of flavor, texture, and most of all, comfort! I don't know about you, but around here, it is definitely starting to feel like fall! Just overnight our driveway has become cluttered with leaves and there is a certain feeling in the air. Time to cozy on up and do some baking!


These Snickerdoodle Pumpkin M&M Bars are everything you would want from a cookie bar - they are soft, chewy, chocolatey, and absolutely delicious! They combine the classic flavors of snickerdoodles with the seasonal flavors of pumpkin spice. And best of all, they're bars. Which means you mix 'em, you spread 'em, you bake 'em, and you cut 'em. Easy peasy. Which means more time to enjoy 'em.....and more time to enjoy this gorgeous fall weather! Have a great weekend!


Snickerdoodle Pumpkin M&M Bars
1 c. + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 cup Pumpkin Spice M&M's

Topping: 2 Tbsp. sugar + 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1. Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Cream butter, adding 3/4 c. sugar gradually.
3. Add beaten egg to butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients.
5. Stir in 3/4 c. M&M's. 
6. Press into a greased 8x11 inch pan.
7. Top with additional 1/4 c. M&M's and pumpkin pie spice/sugar topping.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
9. Cool in pan. 

Enjoy!

Be sure to check out these other delicious bar recipes, too!





Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling.....
I hope you feel right at home!


10 comments :

  1. These look amazing! You were linked up next to me at the Link Party Palooza....I should have known this was one of your recipes. I always love what you share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm! Willing taste-tester here. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE been loving the crafts Cathy! I wish I could do crafts, but I'm terrible at them. Baking I can do. Like bake these bars-like ASAP! I even those M & M's just waiting to be used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bout you keep doing crafts and send them my way? Love these bars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mix of crafts and recipes! I missed this on Friday. Luckily, after my day - these are perfect for ANY DAY! How you keep coming up with recipes that are not boring or redos, I'll never know. Good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snickerdoodles? Pumpkin? M&M's?? Yes, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to try the pumpkin spice m&m - but they look perfect in this cookie bar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't tried the pumpkin M&M's! I keep seeing recipes pop up with them incorporated and I'm dying to try! These bars look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look SO GOOD!!!!! I have to make these asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with the pumpkin sugar topping! I've got to get my hands on some pumpkin spice M&M's. These bars look delicious, Cathy! Thanks so much for sharing them at Saturday Night Fever :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...