Image Map

Monday, January 13, 2014

Chocolate Covered Cherry Muddy Buddies

 Muddy Buddies get a Valentine's Day makeover with creamy Nutella and dried cherries. 
A chocolate covered cherry lover's dream!


Good morning, friends! I hope you had a relaxing weekend! Ours was nice.....we had nothing going on, which is probably my very favorite kind of weekend.....so we spent lots of time together as a family. The girls and I had a mommy-daughter shopping trip (to Goodwill, of all places, which they LOVED!), we went out for a fun family dinner, we watched Rio, we played L-C-R, we read books, we shopped for birthday presents, and we enjoyed just being together!




One of my goals for 2014 is to make more time for family time. The girls are at such a fun age....and they LOVE doing things together as a family....so why would I NOT make it more of a priority!? (Ahem....there are lots of reasons why, but we don't need to get into all of them here.... :) The point is, no matter how crazy they make me, I adore them. And I want to have fun and create good memories with them while they'll let me!


Which brings me to Valentine's Day. I've been thinking a lot about how I want to celebrate it this year. Usually, Jorden and I have a nice dinner out and that's that....but I've been thinking about how we could make the kids more a part of it this year. Don't get me wrong - Jorden and I will still be having our nice dinner out....but why not make Valentine's Day more of a celebration for the girls? With a Valentine making party and love letters and candy hearts and potions? And maybe, if they're lucky, these Chocolate Covered Cherry Muddy Buddies!? Perfect for kids, perfect for adults, perfect for Valentine's Day.....no matter how you plan to celebrate.


Chocolate Covered Cherry Muddy Buddies
6 c. Rice Chex cereal
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1/2 c. Nutella
1 c. dried cherries
2 c. powdered sugar

1. Combine chocolate chips and Nutella in a small saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring constantly.
2. Combine cereal and 1/2 c. dried cherries in a large paper grocery bag. Pour melted chocolate over cereal mixture and shake to coat.
3. Add half of powdered sugar and shake; add additional 1/2 c. dried cherries and other half of powdered sugar and shake to coat.


Enjoy!

How do YOU plan to celebrate Valentine's Day??

Here are a couple more fun ideas for you!

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2014/01/cherry-amaretto-steamer.html

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2014/01/chocolate-cherry-cordial-fudge.html




Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling....
I hope you feel right at home!

5 comments :

  1. I agree Cathy, with our busy schedules, I have to make a point of scheduling family time! It's priceless! Boy this would certainly be the perfect game night snack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good. Like the idea of the dried cherries. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your chocolate covered cherry concoctions are going to do me in! Love them! And my daughter is obsessed with Rio...she sings the song and every time you turn on the TV it's Rio? Rio? Ummmm no Rio ran away is usually my favorite line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH love these!! I love dried cherries. What a fun combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the muddy buddy QUEEN! Maybe you should move next door to me, so you can share. I'm still itching to try your lemon ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...