Image Map

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Creamy Strawberry Dip

Creamy Strawberry Dip is perfect for dipping cookies, graham crackers, chocolate, or fresh strawberries! Deliciously sweet, and just right for Valentine's Day!


When I was growing up, dessert was NOT a given. It was never assumed that if we ate our whole dinner, we'd automatically get dessert. No....dessert was reserved for special nights, when my mom was in the right mood....or maybe when we hadn't already eaten our fair share of sweet treats throughout the day! To be honest, we could never quite figure out what would lead to a positive outcome for our dessert desires....but that didn't keep us from asking....nightly!



We would typically choose one sibling to be the spokesperson so we weren't all bombarding my mom at once. When she wasn't in the room, we would whisper, "Ask Mom if we can have dessert!"....something none of us ever really wanted to hear. I mean - there was so much pressure involved in being the one to ask. Pressure....and a great chance of rejection (or worse)!


When we did get dessert, it was usually something like ice cream or a brownie or a piece of cake. But every now and then, my mom would say yes....and then suggest fruit. FRUIT. For dessert!! And we would be silently outraged. Because fruit is delicious, yes. But to a kid, fruit is NOT dessert! End of story!


As an adult, my thoughts on fruit for dessert have softened. I still love my "real" desserts like ice cream and brownies and cake....but more and more, I find myself going for fruit! I especially love it when it's drizzled or dunked or dipped.....in chocolate, in caramel, in powdered sugar, or in this
sweet Creamy Strawberry Dip! And guess what. My kiddos agree!

Creamy Strawberry Dip
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. Hershey's strawberry syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla
dried strawberries for garnish (optional)
fresh strawberries, Nilla wafers, graham crackers, pretzels, etc. for dipping

1. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, strawberry syrup, and vanilla extract in small mixing bowl. Mix on high speed 1 minute.
2. Spoon into serving bowl; top with dried strawberries (optional).
3. Serve with your choice of dippers!

Enjoy!

Looking for more delicious dessert dips?

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/09/cookie-butter-pretzel-dip_16.html

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/08/salted-caramel-apple-dip.html

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/12/eggnog-dip.html



Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling....
I hope you feel right at home!

7 comments :

  1. This sounds like a wonderful dessert - or snack - or appetizer. YUM! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eating fruit for dessert too and this dip would make a bowl of fruit even better. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy that sounds delicious!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you - I don't think dessert was ever a given like it is today in so many households ! I can rememeber saying I wanted dessert and I would get the reply, "Have an apple" or "Have a banana" (two statements I'm guilty of today with my own kids - thanks Mom). But, if I had this dip, I think I would have been going for fruit a little more often as a dessert. This looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Cathy! This sounds so delicious and I LOVE the Valentine's Day styling. Also your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have never thought of using strawberry syrup - great idea! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...