Image Map

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cherry Amaretto Steamer

Rich, creamy Cherry Amaretto Steamers make a delicious cold weather treat.....or a perfect Valentine's Day surprise!

Well...it is finally starting to warm up around here...and by warm up, I mean that yesterday reached 8 degrees and today is supposed to make it up to 22! Woo hoo! It's sad when 22 degrees is cause for celebration....but after not leaving your house for 3 days, 22 doesn't sound so bad. At least I can get from the car to the door of the grocery store without feeling like my face is going to freeze off!!

To be perfectly honest, I really don't mind the cold. Aside from the fact that 40 below wind chills kinda freak me out, I don't mind being confined to the indoors. In fact, in some ways I prefer it! I like being in my cozy clothes under a cozy blanket with my cozy drink in hand....and I like having no reason to leave! There is nothing calling me outside, no warm sun or beautiful weather or bike rides calling my name.....so there's no reason to feel guilty about staying in!


Unfortunately, my kids don't exactly agree. Even on the coldest of cold days, when there is no chance I am setting foot outside, they still want to go out and play! They must be crazy!! I'm all for kids being outside, but there is such a thing as too cold.....and it has been TOO COLD! So instead, they've been watching lots of movies, doing lots of art projects, making up lots of games, and spending more time on the iPad than I am really comfortable with. And, because I've been feeling bad for them, I've been making little treats for them.....like these fun little (warm) drinks, which they gulped down like there's no tomorrow. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when I finally say yes to them venturing outside to play! Until then, I'll continue to appease them with steamers. (Let's see how long that lasts, right?!)



Cherry Amaretto Steamer
2 c. milk
1/4 c. maraschino cherry juice
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
whipped cream
maraschino cherries

1. Combine milk, cherry juice, sugar, and almond extract in a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat, stirring with a whisk, until milk is heated through.
2. Pour into 2 mugs; top with whipped cream and a cherry.

Enjoy!

 Looking for more Valentine's Day goodness?

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2014/01/chocolate-cherry-cordial-fudge.html

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/01/little-sweethots.html

http://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2013/01/lemon-glazed-gingerbread-scones.html

18 comments :

  1. These gorgeous-looking drinks sound very tasty. A perfect drink for the cold days we've been having. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with not setting a foot outside when its to cold! It is finally 22 degrees here also. I said to myself this am wow its warm! lol My kids would love this drink. I am going to give it a try. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are big steamer drinkers at our house and I love the cherry/almond flavor combo. One of my favorite steamer flavors is amaretto which would be yummy with the cherry too. I like to use the Torani syrups in my steamers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I'm going to make this for the boys tonight! They will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome! Great recipe :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious! That's how I feel. It was 2 degrees the other day and now it's 29 degrees. It feels like spring!...well not quite, lol but I'll take 29 over 2. Brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious Cathy! And seriously, the amount of TV my kids watched over the two arctic days is . . . unsettling. Glad I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will never complain about cold again in CA! This sounds amazing and perfect to keep you warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum what a great treat for the littles! Rileys allergic to dairy but I might try this with almond milk! So pretty for Valentines Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sooo glad that it has warmed up and we can once again enter the outdoors! This steamer looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful drink Cathy! Definitely have to try this. My daughter is a HUGE fan of maraschino cherries, she'd be tickled if I made this for her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love maraschino cherries! This looks delicious and perfect on these chilly nights. I'm totally with you...bitter cold and I'm staying inside!
    Tina at www.tinaschic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great as I love my cherries! Going to make it with some almond milk, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing at MM tonight - not only does it sound delicious but looks purdy too! Pinned to my MM board - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great drink to warm up with! Love the sound of these steamers, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks delicious! I totally agree about the weather, it's almost 20 here and I'm happy, go figure! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks great! Would love to have you share at Link'n Blogs link party.
    http://iputabirdonit.blogspot.com/2014/01/linkn-blogs-link-party-8.html

    xo
    Daniela
    Put A Bird On It

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...