Image Map

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cinnamon Biscotti Dunkers

Homemade biscotti with a hint of cinnamon and a cinnamon glaze dipping sauce - just what you need to get you through....!


So you didn't really think I'd leave you hanging, did you? I had to come back and share the recipe for the delicious biscotti I had with my coffee this morning! Not only is this biscotti delicious....it's also very fitting for Mother's Day because it is my mother-in-law's recipe!



My mother-in-law has a lot of great recipes....but there is something about her biscotti that is especially addictive. I will never forget the time she brought a giant bag of it to the hospital after I had my first baby...I was in heaven! I would treat myself to one every time I got up in the middle of the night, and it felt like such a treat for this new mom! I'm pretty sure it was the biscotti that got me through.....

 
For those of you who are moms....do you ever think back to when your kids were brand new....and what that was like? And what got you through?? You may remember that both of my sisters AND my sister-in-law are all pregnant right now (one of them due in just 2 weeks!) I guess it's time to start thinking back to all the things that got me through....and definitely time to start making some more biscotti for all the soon-to-be new moms in my life!



Cinnamon Biscotti Dunkers
3 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. oil
1 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 c. flour (plus some additional)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1. Beat eggs and sugar until lemon-colored. Add oil and mix.
2. Add baking powder, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Mix.
3. Add vanilla and nuts (optional). Blend well into a soft dough.
4. With floured hands, shape dough into 2 long loaves, about 3 inches wide and 1 inch high. (Add more flour as necessary so dough can be shaped.) Place on a greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 350 degrees 45 minutes. Remove from oven.
6. Cut into 1-inch slices and lay slices on their sides. Return to oven to toast for 10 minutes or until deep golden brown.

Cinnamon Dipping Sauce 
1 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix together until smooth.

 Enjoy!




Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home!
-Cathy   

18 comments :

  1. I love biscotti. Yum! I can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biscotti always seems like a special treat. I'll have to try making some. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee and lots of it! Thats what got me through, as well as my own mother coming to help while I took a nap! I love biscotti, they really are perfect for coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made biscotti, but boy do I sure need to. First, thought, I'm going swimming in that sauce, mmkay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, mmmm, delish I know! Looks so good and Biscotti is perfect to have with a great cup of coffee. I've never made it...can you believe that? I will try this though and especially the dipping sauce!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything cinnamon! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making (and eating) biscotti...I've never made a dipper for them before, though. Pinning and stopping by from Mop It Up Monday - have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delish. Pinning this recipe! How sweet of you to make some for your sisters, I'm sure it will be much appreciated with the new babies! :)

    Heidi

    handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks crazy good! I love homemade biscotti and have been making it for years, but the cinnamon dipping sauce...yum! I pinned this!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen a biscotti dipping sauce, but I sure do love everything and anything with cinnamon! This sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pinned ! Love biscotti and cinnamon can only make it better :-)

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking this at our All My Bloggy Friends Party ! Hope to see you again tomorrow :-)

      Linda
      With A Blast

      Delete
  12. Yummy! My husband and I make dark chocolate biscotti every year for christmas. I will have to give this a try! Perhaps this will be our "summer" biscotti! :-)
    Thanks for the recipe
    Amy
    www.amystebbins.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Love your blog!!! Just stopping by from Six Sisters Stuff Blog Hop! Now following along!!! Would love for you to stop by my blog, LeMoine Family Kitchen, http://lemoinefamilykitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness... I wish I had had these as a late night treat when my girls were babies. They sound delicious! Thanks so much for linking up at the Real Family Fun link party! Hope to see you next week.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yum! These look delicious! I featured this post here: http://www.housewifeeclectic.com/2013/05/creative-showcase-creative-features-and_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! You've been featured on this week's Martha Mondays! :) Swing by to pick up a "Featured" button and do a little bragging! :)

    http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2013/05/martha-mondays-link-up-party-520.html

    Amanda
    www.watchoutmartha.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made biscotti over the holidays for the 1st time & loved making them. I have never tried cinnamon which is one of my favorite flavors can't wait to try your recipe! You can find two recipes on my recipe page if you want to try another recipe. xo Thanks for linking up & sharing @ DearCreatives.com great to have you!Hope to see you again this week!Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...