Image Map

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Loaded Egg & Cheese Sandwich

This egg and cheese sandwich is loaded with all the stuff dads love - avocados, bacon, peppers, onion, and, yes, sriracha mayo! Make it for Father's Day and it will become his new favorite....and yours too!


Can you believe that Father's Day is just three weeks away? I am completely unprepared....and after the sweet things Jorden and the girls did for me on Mother's Day, I feel like the pressure is on! (I am actually secretly glad that Mother's Day comes first, because that way I know exactly how much effort I need to put into making Father's Day special.... Fortunately or unfortunately, this year the energy output will need to be high!) That's what I get for having a great Mother's Day!



For some reason, it always seems easier for me to think of ways to pamper myself than it does for me to think of ways to pamper Jorden. For me, it's simple! Good food that someone else made, some time to myself, a bottle of wine, a day free of chores. But what does Jorden want? That always seems like a mystery. I'm pretty sure we have always spent the day together as a family - at a farm breakfast, at the zoo, with one of our families. But this year, I'm thinking of something a little different.


See, on Mother's Day this year, Jorden made an interesting comment. About actually just wanting time to yourself on your special day. Aha! Not only did it come across as incredibly supportive and understanding....but I'm beginning to think Jorden was trying to tell me something about what he wants on his special day! (The same things I want on mine!)


Good food that he didn't have to make? Check. We will start the day off right with these loaded egg & cheese sandwiches - stuffed to perfection with all the good stuff. Like bacon and avocado and sriracha mayo! As for the rest of the day?? That's where the high energy output comes in. Pretty sure I will be spending a lot of time with the kiddos that day....just the way it should be on Father's Day....er....right!?


Loaded Egg & Cheese Sandwiches
6 small ciabatta rolls
6-8 eggs
12 slices bacon, cooked
6 slices cheddar cheese
1 small red pepper, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced   
1 avocado, cut into 12 wedges
3/4 c. sriracha mayo (3/4 c. mayo + 1-2 Tbsp. sriracha hot sauce, to taste)

1. Toast ciabatta rolls lightly in oven (350 degrees).
2. While rolls are toasting, scramble eggs and cook red pepper & onion until tender-crisp.
3. Prepare sriracha mayo.
4. Remove rolls from oven. Fill each roll with 1 slice cheddar cheese, 2 pieces bacon, 2 avocado wedges, scrambled eggs, pepper & onion mixture, and 2 Tbsp. sriracha mayo.

*Note: sandwiches are very full, very messy, and very delicious!



Enjoy!

Looking or other ways to use sriracha? Check out my Sriracha Tuna Pretzel Bowls!





Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling....
I hope you feel right at home!
-Cathy

21 comments :

  1. Now that's my kinda egg sandwich! I love putting avocado on them. Can't wait to try this!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks delicious! My husband is the hardest person to get stuff for because he doesn't want anything. It drives me crazy because he's always getting me stuff and I'd like to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! That looks amazing! And honestly, anything with avocado I am a fan of :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forget my husband, this is for ME!!! I'm the biggest Sriracha fan, in fact I'm getting a bumper sticker! And I love how you piled on those avocados! Seriously delicious Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks so good! =)
    Egg sandwiches like this..are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amo l'avocado!!
    candiedfruits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Cathy! I make bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches but I never thought to load them up with lots of goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is my kind of breakfast sandwich! I love the addition of avocado.

    Stopping by from the Award Show Link Party. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I miss this? I love me a good Egg and Cheese - this has a lot of yummy extras that I think my whole family would enjoy! Another good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum- this looks amazing!! Need to try it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would make most any Dad--or Mom happy. What a delicious looking sandwich. I like to put a few teaspoons of Franks in mayo for a zesty burger. Great idea on an egg sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOAH!! I L-O-V-E every last thing about this sandwich!!! Seriously, it looks crazy delicious!! We've been on a sriracha kick lately and I can't wait to tell my hubby about your sriracha mayo! You are brilliant ;) ... I think they'll be a happy father at your place on Father's Day :)
    Thanks for sharing, Cathy! Pinned!! Enjoy your weekend, friend! :*)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is one loaded egg sandwich! Looks and sounds amazing, and my husband is the ultimate sriracha lover! Definitely adding this to our menu :)

    Thank you so much for linking up on Much Ado About Monday! We hope you come back next week, can't wait to see what else you've been up too!

    Karla
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had me when I saw the avo ! Pinned :-) Thank you for sharing at the WEDNESDAYS ADORNED FROM ABOVE Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks so tasty! I wouldn't mind getting messy with this sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh goody! What time is breakfast? Cuz I'm coming over. Great combination and super pictures. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend. Best wishes for tasty dishes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This breakfast sandwich looks great! Love all of the bacon on it!

    Thank you for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party! I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBIg.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shared this on Google+ today :-) Thank you for linking this amazing sandwich at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party !

    ReplyDelete
  19. YUM!! You are a STAR over at I Gotta Create! Featuring your fabulous sandwich on facebook, G+ and the blog. Thanks so much for linking up at the Wildly Original link party.

    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2013/06/bed-bath-kitchen-ideas.html

    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yum! Thanks for sharing & linking up last week! Hope to see you again soon. Theresa @ DearCreatives.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...