Image Map

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Birthday Cake Oreo Blondies

Decadent blondies topped with cream cheese and Birthday Cake Oreos....your new favorite birthday treat!


When you have a big family like mine, it is easy to feel like you are ALWAYS celebrating birthdays! Because you kind of ARE..... Between both sets of parents, siblings, spouses, and all our kids, there are only 3 months out of the year when we AREN'T celebrating a family birthday! For the longest time, we used to buy gifts for everyone.....well, we stopped doing that a while ago with Jorden's family, and this year my family finally wised up, too! As my sister said, "At some point, when you are buying someone their 18th workout outfit, it's time to just be done." And so we are!


I have to admit....being done with the birthday exchange doesn't feel quite right to me. And not because I will miss getting the gifts, but because I will miss giving them! Don't get me wrong - there was definitely something stressful about choosing the right gift for each person (and I'm sure half the time we didn't choose the right gift anyway!) But I liked the fact that, for one day out of the year, we had to think about one another. We had to say (or write) nice things about one another. We had to really celebrate one another!


This new "no gift" system will take some getting used to....and, truthfully, I am looking for little ways to get around it. Like sticking a card in the mail. Like sneaking my own little presents to them on the side. Or like making them a special birthday treat! First on the list? These Birthday Cake Oreo Blondies. Blondies, cheesecake, Birthday Cake Oreos. Amazingly delicious. Quite possibly the best birthday gift yet!



Birthday Cake Oreo Blondies
2 c. packed brown sugar
2/3 c. butter
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
Topping
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract  
20 Birthday Cake Golden Oreos, crushed

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan; set aside.
2. Heat brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves; stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
3. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
4. Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda and stir to combine.
5. Spread batter in prepared baking pan. 
6. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
7. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over blondie mixture.
8. Top with crushed Oreos.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until edges and top are golden brown.

(*Blondie recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. Topping recipe adapted from The Great American Cookie Cookbook.)



Enjoy!


Looking for some more delicious bar recipes? Check out my Mint Oreo Meltaways






Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling...
I hope you feel right at home!
-Cathy

31 comments :

  1. Seriously?! Did you just make this? I think I'm in love. I know I'm in love. I NEED these now.... my birthday is coming up...good excuse right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blonde brownies are one of my weaknesses!!! And with Oreo...I wouldn't be able to stop eating these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - these look amazing! This would be a nice gift to get....even though you have the new "no gift" policy and all ;) YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - How you cook these masterpieces and manage not to weigh a zillion pounds, I'll never know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Everything you make looks so delicious. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man! This totally makes me wish it was my birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, when my birthday comes around in July, I'm coming to YOU! What a fun blondie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look delish!! My hubby's bday is coming up...might have to try this!

    I just started my new craft blog and I would love for you to follow me back so that we can continue to share ideas! :) http://www.naptimenothings.blogspot.com/

    Visiting again,
    Sarah@
    Naptime Nothings
    www.naptimenothings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A card with a nice memory written is always a nice thought. So is a yummy treat like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, this looks amazing! You're taking so many great desserts and putting them into one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks absolutely delicious, that topping sounds amazing!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look amazing!


    Come party with APIMP!

    I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.

    The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight.


    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-3.html

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cathy!! I'm not much of a chocolate lover, but I do LOVE me some Birthday Oreos and these look simply spectacular! Just pinned them and know I will have to make them soon. Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this recipe! I can never say no to something that involves birthday cake! I would love it if you would come and link this up at my link party
    Dandelion Wishes Wednesday. I'm also pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm, I have cake batter blondies before and they were similar but yours look pretty amazing. I am going to have to try them and compare the two recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look so yummy! Just pinned another one! :) Thanks for sharing with us at A Bouquet of Talent.
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! These look so delicious. I love those birthday cake oreos!

    xoxo
    Michelle @ Ya Gotta Have a Hobby

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always have the best sweets! These blondies look great!

    Thank you for sharing at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link party! I always look forward to seeing what you bring to the party.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBIg.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum!! These blondies look great, I have to try them out! I would love for you to share this tasty treat at my Sweet Tooth Tuesdays blog link party. It's still live and going on today. These would be a great addition to the link-ups. :)

    http://sarahlynnssweets.blogspot.com/2013/05/sweet-tooth-tuesdays-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are killing me- these look SO good!! I am drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look amazing!! I don't have any birthdays coming up so I think I may just have to make it because it's Wednesday. ;) Thanks for sharing at Much Ado About Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh dear lord these look amazing! I'm dying to gt my hands on some birthday cake oreos but you can't get them here in Ireland :-( thanks for linking up at the Sweet & Savoury Sunday Link Party, hope to see you there again this weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG OMG OMG! These are INSANE! I realllllly kinda want to face plant one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These blond bars sound so delicious! Thank you for bringing them to the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these blondies! yum - Thanks so much for sharing at last week's All my Bloggy Friends - Linda and I look forward to seeing what you share this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, these look delicious! I will definitely be trying this soon! Stopping by from your feature at twigg studios.
    -Kayla @ http://www.orchardgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for linking up these bars at our SImply Create Link Party! I just wanted to let you know that I am featuring them as part of 17 Delicious Dessert Bars today on the blog.

    Melissa
    http://www.redflycreations.com/2013/07/17-delicious-dessert-bars.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi! This recipe looks delicious and I am planning on trying it out tomorrow for a friend's birthday! Quick question though - is the flour all purpose or self rising?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Peyton - sorry I couldn't email you back. You are a "no reply" contact so your email doesn't come through :) I used all-purpose flour! So fun that you are making them for a friend's bday...if she likes sweet things, she will LOVE these!! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh sorry, I just created this account so I'm still figuring out how it works! Thanks for answering so quickly. Oh she loves everything sweet, and loves oreos, so I'm sure will be obsessed with these. Plus they are so cute! Thanks so much!! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...