Image Map

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cheesecake Sopadillas

What do you get when you cross a Quesadilla with Sopapilla Cheesecake? Cheesecake Sopadillas! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo...perfect for anytime...and so quick and easy, there's no excuse NOT to!


Happy Cinco de Mayo!! I hope you are having a fun day! I had great plans of celebrating today with a generous helping of guacamole and a margarita or two....but as life goes, there's no time for that. Instead, we are spending today recovering from my sister's baby shower, shopping for a birthday present, taking the kids to a party, helping my dad move dirt and plant new grass seed (Jorden, not me....) and getting together with Lisa tonight for a blog re-design. Woo hoo!!
My mom was nice enough to watch Nora so that I can keep my head on straight (thanks, Mom) and share this recipe with all of you! So.....although I may not be enjoying guacamole and margaritas today, I am enjoying a moment of quiet time in the midst of a busy day....and one of these - a Cheesecake Sopadilla (short for Sopapilla Quesadilla)!


I first had Sopapilla Cheesecake when my sister brought it to a family function. It was so amazing I'm pretty sure I had at least a few pieces of it...and, truth be told, I probably could have eaten the entire thing. I have been dreaming about it ever since, and with Cinco de Mayo here, I thought I would re-create it (Lemon Tree Dwelling style!) 


For those of you who have visited our Lemon Tree Dwelling, you know how much we LOVE quesadillas!! They are our go-to snack, lunch, last-minute dinner.....and now dessert! (Or snack....or breakfast - you choose!) We mostly make plain cheese quesadillas, but every now and then we really load them up. We've done chicken, veggie, ham and mozzarella, even pb&j....but never something as deliciously sweet as this! It tastes just like Sopapilla Cheesecake....in a fraction of the time (and energy)!


Yep....I think these will be making a regular appearance around here. They are quick and easy enough to fit into our often chaotic schedule....and they are delicious enough that they make everyone happy! In other words, they are the perfect treat, not just for Cinco de Mayo......but for any day! (Or every day - you choose!)  

Cheesecake Sopadillas
1 Tbsp. butter
2 flour tortillas 
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1-2 Tbsp. cinnamon/sugar mixture (can be made by mixing cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl to taste)
Drizzle of honey

1. Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well-blended.
2. Sandwich cream cheese mixture between two tortillas.
3. Melt butter in medium frying pan over med-high heat and add quesadilla to the pan. Cook on one side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. 
4. Flip and sprinkle cooked side with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
5. Cook second side until golden brown; flip over onto a plate and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. 
6. Drizzle with honey.

 
Enjoy!

Looking for another Cinco de Mayo treat? Check out my Spiced Krispie Treats!




Thanks for taking a peek inside my Lemon Tree Dwelling....
I hope you feel right at home!
-Cathy

14 comments :

  1. Let's have these soon! They look so good. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I am totally making these this week! I'd love for you to come share this at our Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these look delicious! Another winning recipe you have their my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your idea--this looks delicious! Can't wait to try it, maybe tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. welp... looks like you've done it again in that kitchen of yours!!! these look delicious... i'll be pinning this recipe so i can give it a try... getting caught up on your blog today... you've shared some great things for cinco de mayo!!! and also... the new blog design looks great... very cute!!! hope you're having a great week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound amazing, I'm going to have to try them soon. I'm a new follower by way of Daisy Cottage Designs Off the Hook party. Have a great day!
    Melanie
    http://violetsbuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and how easy to do. I am glad that I saw them at Mom On Timeout. I am pinning these for later. I hope you'll come share them at my weekly party: http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/whatd-you-do-this-weekend-14/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting, I've never heard of this before. It sounds good, anything with cheesecake on it can't be bad, imho.
    Stopping by from Thursday Treasures - have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a dangerous recipe to have, because I can just whip it up any ol' time that I feel like it. Delicioso!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some leftover tortillas from making taquitos the other night. Think I know what I am doing with them now! ;)

    Thank you for sharing at Marvelous Mondays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look delicious! I loved sopapillas as a kid. I will have to try these!

    Rachel from FarMorePrecious

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm very intrigued by these. I need to try them. We love sopapillas...so yummy and these sound really good. Thanks so much for linking up at the Real Family Fun link party! Hope to see you next week.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    Nightlife in Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...